Summary of the work
The senior interaction designer will lead the design of a licensing system based on identified user needs.
The product will be used by Home Office staff and licence holders/applicants on a daily basis to manage licences. It is hoped to set a design pattern for other licensing services.
Expected contract length
London Bridge / Croydon area with some travel to other locations in the UK
The specialist must be available to be onsite at least 3 days a week. Please note that this role is deemed to be outside of the HMRC IR35 Regulations.
CTC or SC level is preferable. Support can be provided to gain security clearance for the suitable candidate.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of interaction design in cross-functional agile teams
- HTML/CSS knowledge
- Experience of agile working within government/public sector
- Prototyping experience
- Experience of leading the design and working autonomously in an agile delivery team
- Demonstrable ability to work closely with others, including user researchers, front-end developers and product and delivery leads
- Strong communications skills and the ability to explain design decisions to others, inside and outside of the delivery team
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Knowledge of accessibility good practice and experience of designing accessible interfaces
- Case working or licensing-based system design experience
- Use of government prototyping kit and familiarity with government design patterns
To apply for this job...
The end client for this work is the Home Office, and the contract is managed through Marvell Consulting.
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the relevant skills and experience, and you are interested in this role.